While I’ve been gifted this dress, all views and opinions are strictly my own.
Now, being a (not so) former shopaholic, you would think I’d be jumping up and down at the opportunity to go shopping 🛍 but, alas, I’m not. Why, do you ask? Because I’m broke! Man, does having a baby really put a hole in your wallet 😂😂😂 Now, I wouldn’t have it any other way, but I’ve also gone ahead and made some baby purchases as a first time mom that, as it turns out, were a complete waste of money.
So, when I do go shopping for myself, I’m picky. I really want to make sure that what I’m getting does a few things for me:
1. It’s good quality–if I’m spending money, I want to make sure my money goes a long way. There’s nothing worse than a cute top that you only get to wear a few times before it rips. I want something that’s going to last.
2. It’s versatile–I want something that can transition from day to night, or from work to play, with just a change of accessories or my make up.
3. It’s in style–Being plus size does not mean I want to dress like an old lady. Thankfully this has become less of an issue these days as there are more and more brands popping up and older brands extending to plus size. But still, I want something I personally like, not just because it’s the new style. Case and point, I really don’t like these mesh dresses and skirts. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for looking sexy, but that’s just not my style. So I really like it when a store gives me options.
4. It’s affordable–Simply put, I’ve never been one to spend $200 on jeans. I really don’t think you need to spend a fortune to look great. That being said, I’m willing to spend some coin as long as it’s worth it.
5. It’s gotta be comfortable–This may actually be one of the most important things I look for when shopping. I don’t want to be pinched, unable to breathe, sucking any thing in, itching from cheap material, or constantly pulling or tugging to keep something in place (or to make sure the girls don’t pop out 😂).
So that brings me to PinkBlush. They offer sizes Small to 3X, in both regular, everyday wear, as well as maternity! They even offer baby and kids clothing as well. So I was stoked when they asked me to join their PinkBlush Ambassador program. They gifted me the choice of one of their new arrivals and I couldn’t have been happier with what I picked.
This is the Navy Blue Polka Dot Smocked Lace-up Plus Dress from the Plus Size section on their website. This dress fits all of my criteria for new clothes and it’s one of my new favorites. I’m not lying when I say that I could wear it all day.
And in case you’re wondering, which I would be if I were you, yes, it does stay off the shoulders. Because that’s a pet peeve of mine, and totally falls under the comfort category, that if it’s meant to be off the shoulders, I shouldn’t have to fight it to stay where it belongs! No issues with that here. Although I will also mention that I did wear this dress not off the shoulders, and it still looked cute! So you could definitely wear it to work and then slip it off the shoulders later for date night!
Have you shopped PinkBlush before? What did you think? As for me, I highly recommended them. Especially if you’re pregnant, and even more so if you’re plus size and pregnant! They’ve got such great selections. And it’s worth every penny.